It's been a good year...Will you share to make a difference for the children in our schools?
Ways to give
- Online at smef.org.
- Mail to SMEF, 7235 Antioch, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204.
- Appreciated Securities - Direct transfer avoids a taxable capital gain or sales expenses and may provide you a charitable deduction.
- IRA Charitable Rollover for those 70-1/2 and older - Distribution directly to SMEF from your IRA is excludable from gross income (up to $100,000) and can be used to satisfy any IRA required minimum distribution. You cannot claim a charitable deduction for IRA gifts, but you will not pay income tax on the amount. Contact your IRA administrator if you consider such a gift.
- Planned Gift - Reviewing your will or trust? Consider a gift of lasting significance by designating SMEF (Tax ID: 74-2823938).
Consult your tax advisor about tax results of your gift.
For additional information on making year-end gifts, please contact Linda Roser, Executive Director, at 913-993-9363 or LindaRoser@smsd.org.
Thank you for sharing! Thank you for making a difference that matters!
It's E2 GRANT SEASON AGAIN - 2014-2015 Application Available NOW!
Elliott Cardozo of Roses Only honoring Shawnee Mission North area teachers
Many thanks to Elliott Cardozo of Roses Only for spreading appreciation and cheer throughout the Shawnee Mission North area. Congratulations to all of the November 2013 Educator of the Month honorees! To the left: Merriam Park Principal Dr. Mike Wilhoit, honoree Barbara Gramlich and Elliott Cardozo.
(Click here to see a slideshow of all the November 2013 Educator of the Month honorees. Not pictured: Johanna West - Nieman Elementary)
2013 Fall Breakfast in IN THE NEWS
Shawnee Mission Education Foundation event unveils new initiatives - KC Star 913 Local, October 2, 2013
Text pledges at SMEF breakfast raise $20,000 for struggling students - Shawnee Dispatch, October 2, 2013
SMEF 2013 Fall Breakfast - A SOLD OUT SUCCESS!
The Shawnee Mission Education Foundation 2013 Fall Breakfast was a SOLD OUT success because of people like you who care about our schools, our community, and our future.
Shawnee Mission schools have a tradition, and expectation, of excellence. 212 degrees of greatness in every category! The difference between good and great is heart – and support from the community.
As Dr. Hinson said, the world is changing. State funding has been drastically cut, yet the focus on technology, infrastructure, and cutting edge curriculum is accelerating. And, the face of our district is changing, like so many communities across the nation.
- The students who qualify for free or reduced lunches has tripled during the last decade - now reaching 40 percent.
- 300 children in our district are homeless.
- 3,200 of our students are learning to speak English as their second language.
Dr. Hinson called for donations in response to this serious need in our district. This is the moment
for our district to stand strong. To rise to the challenges before us. To not let decreased state funding define our schools. This is the moment to build the foundation to give us local control that will keep our local schools strong.
With SMEF there's no state-mandated formula to hold us back. We control our own destiny. Excellence is up to us to fund.
Choose excellence in this moment, and for the future. Donate Now - Make a difference for Shawnee Mission students!
If you would like to receive information about the impact SMEF makes for Shawnee Mission students Connect with SMEF!
Donations by Mail:
Shawnee Mission Education Foundation
Shawnee Mission KS 66204